Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Turn That Frown Upside Down (;

          Alright so I’m not going to lie, this gonna be another wake up call (but don’t worry it’s not on the same topic as last time) instead this time it’s a wake up call on being happy. I know, I know it sounds weird but the fact of the matter is, more often than not many people around me (friends, family, coworkers etc.) and yes myself included, get into these slumps where it seems like nothing is going right and the weight of the world is on our soldiers and I’m here to tell you IT’S NOT. You are not and will never be alone (if you’re reading this just know, whether or not I know you personally I’m always here to help and listen if you need to talk) so you shouldn’t feel so isolated; and alright this is gonna come off blunt but there are people in this world facing tribulations just as hard, if not harder than the ones that you’re personally going through so always be sure to count the blessings for what’s right in your life.

            But back to my original point on happiness, I think it’s just human nature that when things go wrong we seem to get stuck in a rut and we begin to take the sadness/suffering/whatever it is in, and it’s just not worth it. Trust me learning to stop taking things that went wrong in my life, or that upset me, personally was a hard lesson for me to not just take in but apply to my own life; but at the end of the day letting go is one of the reasons that not only am I happier, and less stressed but also that made me want to share my wisdom with others.

            So let go. Stop Taking things personally. Change the things that can be changed and accept what cannot be changed. Basically deal with whatever problems you have going on, but do not let them affect you or become all that’s on your mind, it’s just not worth it; because at the end of the day your problems will still be there and the only person hurt was you. Letting problems affect you cannot only harm your health, but your mental stability, and the relationships with loved ones and friends (99% of the people you tell your problems to are either glad you have them or genuinely do not care; and that last percent eventually gets tired of all the negativity, it’s just not a good look.)

            Instead of dwelling on the negativity surround yourself in positivity, spend time with friends who make you happy, go for long walks or bike rides (exercise increases the level of dopamine in your brain which makes you happier,) or find a hobby that takes your mind off of anything and everything, at least for a little while because a positive outlook on life not only lengthens the longevity of life, but actually makes life worth living since you’re not always miserable about something or other . (Plus no one wants to be around someone who’s constantly complaining about their lives or the people in it; remember we all have problems we’re dealing with, so continuously going on about yours is not just annoying, its rude.)
           
            A list of the Random Things That Make Me the Happiest:
  • -       Bike Rides (Even though I don’t know where my bike is exactly lol…)
  • -       Painting (Despite my lack of artistic ability)
  • -       Writing (Obviously I mean I have a blog for a reason lol!) & Reading
  • -       Movies (Fast & Furious Marathon or a Harry Potter Marathon HELLLL YES)
  • -       Chocolate (obv.)
  • -       Coffee (If you know me nothing makes me happier than coffee lol)
             Whatever it is that makes you happiest do it, because you deserve an all consuming sense of happiness (if at least for five minutes!) everyday. No matter what obstacles come your way, know that you are strong and smart enough to overcome them all and keep being you cause I think you're pretty damn awesome (; 
         



2 comments: