Thursday, March 5, 2015

The Emoji Challenge!

         
                      I know, I know I've been MIA for almost a month and I'm sorryyyy (I know it's just not enough this time) but this cold has been getting to me man. Personally I love the winter, I don't mind the frigid weather (perfect time for cuddling, movies, and hot chocolate--what more could a girl want?!) but this snow has got to go; quite literally the constant snow, and threat of snow has overstayed it's welcome. Now snow isn't the literal reasoning behind why I haven't written a new post, but it has caused me to feel so unmotivated and uninspired a new post just hasn't been possible....but I'm back! So without further ado and no further talk of snow, let's get into what my post today is about.....EMOJIS!

                 You may be like what could this girl possibly have to say about emojis and to be honest not much lol, I'm not really going to talk about all of them...only a select few which you'll find soon, after I explain the motivation behind this post. As many of you know from a previous post I love YouTube, and some specific YouTubers including the amazing Troye Sivan, who recently put up a video called The Emoji Challenge (link below) in which he basically tells up his life story in 5 emojis, that sum up who he is, what he loves, etc. and why those things defined him; I loved it. I think it's amazing that we can share if not all, at least a major chunk of ourselves through only 5 emojis, which is why I figured I would do the challenge myself, to see if I could manage only picking 5. So without further ado, here are the 5 emoji's that most represent me and why.



Airplane      1. The airplane emoji
                                                                      To me (like Troye Sivan) this emoji symbolizes my love and want to travel to many distant places, for fun or work, to be honest I don't care. All I know is that my entire being wants to see every place and wonder that is out there, and I will not stop until I have gotten the chance to get to know places far beyond my comfort zone.
2. The Smile/Blush Emoji
                                                                         I used this smile emoji in particular because besides the fact that it's really cute, it to me seems shy at first which is basically me in a nutshell, until I get to know you in which case you'll get to experience the mess that I really am lol. I also used it because I genuinely try to live my life to the most positive extent that I can, and try to maintain a hopeful outlook on the world and the people around me.
          3. The Two Friends Dancing Emoji?
                                                                           Now I'm not sure what the actual title of this emoji is but to me it symbolizes friendship, consistency, loyalty, and dedication; which are all things that I value and try to base my life around. The relationships that I maintain with the people around me, be they romantic with a partner, friendships, or familial are some of the most important parts of who I am, defining the type of person that I am. I also chose this picture vs. the other friendship pictures because I love dancing and watching people dance in general.
       4. The Stack of Books
                                                                               Troye Sivan also chose this emoji for himself because he loves to write which is a major reason why I chose it (no not because of him but because I love to write--hello the whole blog thing duh) but not only do I love to write, I chose it because I also love to read what other people have written. For me getting lost in a book or an article is probably the 8th wonder of the world and one of the things that makes me happiest in life. I love the way that words can be put together so beautifully that they create pictures in their reader's minds and can take you to places that you may have never been, and that may not even exist--yet.


 5. The High Heel
                                                                                      Now yes I did choose the heel, though not because I love shoes so much, but because I love fashion as a whole. Style to me is the basis of a confident individual and I love the fact that everyone can have their own unique style and work pieces in completely different ways while looking not just exceptionally beautiful, but also like their true selves. I love how style is different for each and every person but that we can all come together to agree when something is beautiful as a whole, still remaining true to ourselves, that in itself is art.

         So now that you know the 5 emojis that represent me and my life, wants etc. what are the 5 emojis that represent who you are? Comment below the 5 that you feel make you...you I'd love to read them! And I'll be back next week with a new post <3

                                                           ~Ashley <3

And here is Troye Sivan's Emoji Challenge Link if you're interested in the man behind the challenge:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1ty73isOlY


               

No comments:

Post a Comment