Sunday, May 18, 2014

Always Remember



     So I know I've been in missing in action....again...but in my defense I was super sick and being that I've been working two jobs six days a week, wellll I think I deserve a little leeway lol, but I am back! And although I know that this post is gonna come off almost as seeming like a rant,I can assure you that it is in no way intended to be a rant (and yes that was my disclosure) but I feel like it is something that must be said. 

     As I mentioned before I did get pretty sick for a little over a week, and honestly me being like anyone else I had a pity party for myself, only thinking of how of course I would get sick a few days after my spring semester was over and I was finally about to start enjoying my summer, and how this would only happen to me. So I'd told a couple of my friends that I was sick, and what's funny is not too many of them actually cared that I was sick, or even asked how I was doing, instead they were too focused on their own issues to even bother making sure I was okay, and me being the friend I am asked them if they were ok and did my best to offer advice whenever I could. 

    Now the funny thing about giving advice to people is that for the most part people do not actually want your advice, instead they just want you to validate that what they are feeling is appropriate and to almost back them up and make them feel like they're right and whoever hurt them was wrong, even when you yourself know that that friend of yours was wrong. Now I'm not the kind of person that does this, I will tell my friends things straight up--no sugar coating because that's real life, things don't always work out the way that you want them to, and you've gotta learn to be okay with that. I feel like as a society we've become to fragile to the realistic truth, and we would rather be unhappy in a fantasy world then come to terms with what is really going on in our lives, we are too scared to face the truth. 

      For example,I feel like a couple of people I know would rather be in unhealthy relationships, where they are constantly being treated like crap, and they are completely unhappy because they feel like being unhappy is bearable because they have that significant other, they come to need and depend on that person so heavily that they forget that we are born alone, and we die alone, and yes although that thought is quite melancholy and tragic it is reality. And personally I am so tired of hearing so many complaints about unhappy relationships from the same people all of the freaking time. It's time for a reality check! If you're unhappy in a relationship more than half the time maybe it's time for you to take a break and focus on yourself. Stop being that needy person that has to have someone be independent, and learn to love and value yourself, and realize that no one is going to make you happy, if you can't even make yourself happy. 

        With that being said, I also really dislike the people that consistently complain about seeing other people in cute relationships all because they themselves are single....like I'm sorry but I didn't know that the earth revolved around you...oh wait jk IT DOESN'T since last time I checked you're not the sun, but just one person out of the 7 BILLION people in the world, so how about you stop being so self-centered and learn to accept the fact that you are single so stop hating on those relationships, LET THOSE COUPLES BE HAPPY. When it is meant to happen for you it will, but being miserable and cranky about others happiness only attracts negativity towards yourself so get the  fuck over it. I get that being single gets lonely sometimes but that is not justification for wishing your unhappiness upon someone else, that is not only immature but just hateful and reveals a lot about the kind of person you are, mainly how insecure and self-centered you are, which to be honest are two very unattractive traits to potential suitors (in case you didn't know). So get cho life together and stop being so damn self absorbed. 

         So okay I know that this basically came off as a rant but being completely honest I felt like this had to be shared, I've seen too many people being taken for granted in relationships, so unhealthy I feel like the only thing keeping them in that relationship is being too scared to be alone, and to me that is just sad. Being single myself, yeah I get that it sucks being single all the time, but because I am single I know from personal experience, it can be the best time of your life. Not being in a relationship gives you the opportunity to get to know yourself, to find out what you like and dislike, to go wherever the wind takes you, to have countless new experiences you never believed possible, and most importantly it gives you the chance to fall in love with yourself, something that being with another person can never do. You must learn to truly love and value yourself, with each and every one of your flaws before you can attempt to make someone else happy, because if you don't you can easily lose yourself in your relationship, and that would be a sad reality. Learn to respect yourself, and figure out what you stand for before getting serious with someone, and above all never let someone define you, you're worth so much more than you know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment